How can I get the cheapest airline tickets to Maui?
The number one rule for getting the cheapest airline tickets to Maui is to shop around! It’s going to take some time and effort, but you will be rewarded. Not only will you save money, but you will feel good knowing that most of the other people on the plane with you paid more than you did for this Maui airline ticket.
Tips to find the cheapest airline tickets to Maui:
1. Start checking airline tickets prices as far in advance as possible, but don’t buy yet. As soon as you know approximately what dates you will be going to Maui, start searching the web to get familiar with what the usual prices are from your starting city. You have to know the regular price so you will recognize a bargain price when you find it.
2. Check airline tickets to Maui from other nearby airports. Find out whether you can save money by flying out of another airport that is just a little further drive from your home. Which airport is cheapest? For example, if you live in Southern California, compare prices out of LAX, SNA, LGB, and ONT. From Northern California, compare SFO, OAK, and SJC.
4. Compare airlines. Become familiar with which airline has the cheapest Maui tickets from your area.
5. Check prices online again every couple weeks when you are more than 4 months away from your trip, then at least once per week when you are less than four months away.
6. Check airline tickets prices on Tuesdays after 12 noon Pacific time (after 3 PM Eastern time). That’s when airlines sometimes put up the specials or discounts, especially if there is a fare war going on.
7. Any time from 3 months ahead to a week ahead is time to buy. From the above research, you know what a good deal will be. If your dates are flexible, look for the cheapest airline tickets to Maui for the week or two before and after the week you originally had in mind.
8. You’ll need to check several websites repeatedly to find out which airlines offer the best schedules, the least stops, and the cheapest tickets, from your particular home city to Maui. I suggest that you check the airline website of the airline that has the most flights in and out of your city. Then compare the ticket prices you can find on Expedia, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, and similar websites. Don’t check just one site, but check at least four of those comparison sites for the best deals. You can use the following box to save time by filling in your city and travel dates just once, and have the box then find deals for you on several of those websites. The code for the airport that you will fly into on Maui is OGG for Kahului Airport, Maui.
The best service and best on-time records for flights to and from Hawaii is on Hawaiian Airlines, but they may or may not be the cheapest. Here’s a link to their best online fares: Hawaiian Airlines’ Best Fares.
For information about all of the airports on Maui, click on Maui Airports.
For information on flights between one Hawaiian island and another, click on Inter-Island flights.
This link tells how to get the best Maui car rental deals.
And here’s help deciding on your Maui hotel or condo.