People who have traveled to beach resorts on other islands in other countries have stayed at all-inclusive resorts. They sometimes look for similar all-inclusives on Maui. All-inclusive vacation packages offer the simplicity of paying one flat price to include your hotel room, all your meals, and activities.
There are no such all-inclusive resorts on Maui, but if you understand why not, you can still stay someplace great and have even better meals and activities than you could get at an all-inclusive resort. This page tells you how to do it.
The reason Maui does not have any all-inclusive resort hotels is that there are so many great restaurants and sights and activities all over the island of Maui, that people do not want to be restricted to just eating every meal in the hotel where they are staying, and only doing the activities offered by that one hotel. So check out the list below, for the steps to create your own package, that best suits your own needs and budget.
To create your own package:
1. Choose your hotel using one of the following links
Maui Hotels on the west side recommendations, reviews, photos
Maui Hotels on the south side recommendations, reviews, photos
2. List the restaurants you would like to eat at using this link
Maui Restaurants recommendations, reviews, menus, photos, in each price range
3. List the activities and sights you want to experience using these links
Paid Maui activities luaus, whale watching, snorkeling, tours, helicopters, horseback, dinner cruises, parasailing, fishing, and more
4. Reserve your rental car (essential for getting around Maui to see it all) with the hints on this link
5. Book it all on your own or with a travel agent specializing in Maui, as described at this link