How can I have a Maui vacation as cheaply as possible?
1. Shop for air fares. Try lots of different months and different flights and different airlines and look for the best deal. Shop online. Use the box on this page to check out air fares: Air Fares.
2. Go during the off-season, fall or spring. Avoid the expensive seasons of summer and winter. Avoid any holiday, which is always more money. By far the most expensive week is from Christmas to New Year’s.
3. Stay in a condo instead of a hotel, so you can use the kitchen to make some of your meals, so you won’t have to spend so much on restaurants.
See the bottom half of the following page for some less expensive condos: South Maui Condos.
Use the white box on the following page to shop for condo prices for various dates: Hotels and Condos
4. Eat meals in your condo instead of in restaurants. Figure what your grocery bill is per week at home, and then add 50% additional onto that for the higher prices on Maui. Bring small baggies of your seasonings, plus coffee filters or other small light items, from home so you don’t have to buy them on Maui.
5. Shop on Maui at Costco and Walmart (both in Kahului). If you shop in the regular grocery stores, get the discount cards at Safeway and Foodland. See this link for more about Maui grocery stores.
6. If you do decide to eat some meals in restaurants, choose from the following page which has the least expensive good restaurants: Inexpensive Restaurants.
7. See the following page to shop for the cheapest rental car: Car Rental Deals. You MUST have a rental car to get around on Maui.